Motorola has now started to release Android 7.1.1 Nougat update for the Moto Z Play users in India. It is an OTA update which is being made available after six months of the release of Android 7.0 Nougat for the mid-ranger. The update is said to be weighing around 1GB in size and should arrive on your particular unit anytime soon.
If you have not received the update notification yet, you can always go to Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates to look for it manually. Once you have received the update notification, start downloading it. Since the update size is quite hefty, we would suggest you connect to a WiFi connection to avoid any unwanted data charges. After successful download, start installing the update but do make sure that your Moto Z Play has at least 50% battery left.
Moto Z Play Specifications:
- 5.5-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage (expandable via microSD card)
- 13-megapixel rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, laser autofocus, OIS, and dual-LED flash
- 5-megapixel front camera with f/2.2 aperture with wide-angle lens
- 3510mAh battery with fast charging
- Fingerprint scanner and Moto Mods support
- Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, and USB Type-C port with 3.5mm headphone jack