If you are looking for rooting your or anyone else’s Moto E 2nd Gen 2015, then you have to the right place. In this tutorial, I will tell you how to root Moto E 2nd Gen 2015 in a step-by-step guide. So it does not matter even if it is your first time, you will able to achieve your goal easily and within a few minutes.
a) Proceed only if you know what are you doing. I will not be responsible for any kind of damage that may happen to your device, but I do assure you that there is nothing to worry about if you will follow all the steps as mentioned below.
b) Make sure that your phone has sufficient enough battery that it does not die during the process.
c) Do create a backup of all the important data which you might have on the phone.
Steps to Root Moto E 2nd Gen 2015:
- Unlock the bootloader of the Moto E 2nd Gen 2015, if you have not already.
- Download TWRP recovery, SuperSU, and Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot. Rename TWRP recovery to simply recovery and place it in the same location where you installed Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Run Minimal ADB and Fastboot which will open a command prompt window.
- On your Moto E 2nd Gen, enable USB debugging by going to Settings->Developer Options. If you don’t find Developer Options, go to Settings->About Phone and tap on build number seven times to enable them.
- Copy and paste the SuperSU, you downloaded in step 1, in the internal storage of your phone.
- Turn off the phone. After this, hold the power and volume down key for about 6 or 7 seconds and release them to enter the fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone to PC via USB cable.
- In the cmd window, enter the command fastboot devices and hit enter to see if your phone is connected.
- If it is connected, then type the command fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and hit enter. It will flash the TWRP recovery on the phone. Once it is done, disconnect the phone from the USB cable.
- Now, press volume down key on your phone to go to Recovery option and press volume up key to select it.
- It will open the phone in TWRP recovery. From the list of options, choose Install and look for the SuperSU file which you pasted into your phone in step 6.
- Once you find it, select it and swipe to give your confirmation for flashing the SuperSU file.
- After a few seconds, SuperSU will be flashed on your phone. Now, you simply need to choose the Reboot option to reboot the phone and you are done. Your Moto E 2nd Gen is rooted now.
This is it for this tutorial. If you have any comments, doubts, or anything to say, feel free to get in touch using the comments section below.